Friday, November 6, 2009

Health Care Reform

The best thing that our government can do to reform health care is to get out of what they are presently doing in health care. End medicare and medicaid. End CHIPS. End government regulation of healthcare. Let the free market take over. Free the doctors of endless government paper work that requires that they hire too many people just to take care of the paper work. Government creates more paperwork which requires more workers which in turn help to drive up costs. Take government out and watch the cost dramatically drop. What about the indigent you say? Most of our country's history existed without government healthcare and even without insurance. These things are new. Charity's played a far bigger role in taking care of those who cannot take care of themselves and they policed it better than government does. Government is constantly being scammed into paying for health care needs for people who don't need it. Doctors who skim off the top in order to get bigger government checks for compensation. Charities watch their money closely and make sure that the truly indigent are the ones that get help. Doctors are human beings and many of them used to take care of people and if they couldn't pay, they either didn't charge them at all or let them pay them back over time without interest or took a substantial discount. Why? Compassion. Human beings are compassionate people. People will take care of each other. Will there be scammers out there if government isn't involved? Yes. You have them now and you will have them then, but I believe you will have less because people tend to police where their money goes much better than government does. I would rather see the government do nothing than do anything that would promote more government involvement in our lives. Obama is the scariest president I have seen in my life time. Isn't it odd how every new president is worse than the last one? I was scared of Clinton when he got elected but I would take him over Obama any day. I just wish government would get out of my life and give me back my money that I worked for. It is mine not theirs. I pay taxes because I fear the consequences if I don't. I don't like it and I see government as a villain that comes to take my money year after year. Oh you, say, "Well, if you don't pay taxes, how would we pay for the construction of new highways and police and fire?" Well, it is funny to me that this country existed for almost 150 years without a permanent income tax and we did fine. Private industry will take care of roads and bridges. Just look at Disney World in Florida. They have some of the best kept and maintained roads and bridges in the state and it is paid for by them and those that patronize their business. There are solutions to all these problems. If we can be left alone and let free markets take over you may be surprised to the solutions that can be found. Enough ranting for now.

Take a moment today and remember those who died and were wounded at Ft. Hood yesterday.
These families need our love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment